Friday, August 7, 2009

Why Mandolin and Ministry?

What's your passion? What makes you tick? What really interests you?

If you're a believer in Jesus Christ as I am you have a mandate from the Scriptures to glorify God. 1 Corinthians 10:31 says, "Whether, then you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (NASB). So it makes sense to use your passion, what really interests you, to and for the glory of God. Never thought of that before? Neither had I up until three years ago when I heard a message at a conference where the speaker said exactly that. "Use whatever interests you to glorify God." The speaker used 1 Corinthians chapter 9 as the text he was preaching from, especially v. 23 where the apostle Paul says, "And I do all things for the sake of the gospel." As you read this you can purpose to do the same. You can purpose to do "all" you do for the sake of the gospel of Christ. You can start with whatever your passion is.

That's why this blog is titled Mandolin and Ministry Minute. I love playing the mandolin. I mean I really like playing it. It might sound funny to you but even when I practice I make it a worship time with the Lord. Even if I'm playing some of the old mountain songs that the mandolin has made famous I play them to the glory of God.

So try it Christians. Let me know how it goes. I'm telling you if you do "all things for the sake of the gospel" your life will be changed. It will.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment