Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome to the Mandolin and Ministry Minute

Welcome to my blog Mandolin and Ministry Minute. My name is Pastor Dan McCarl. I serve God's people who are named First Baptist Church in Boulder, Montana. We live in a smaller rural community of approx. 1,300 people in Southwestern Montana thirty miles between Helena (Montana's capital city) and Butte on Interstate #15. Boulder is nestled beautifully in the Rocky Mountains and whatever season it is we're always reminded of God's awesomeness in creation. Boulder truly is a beautiful place.

I've been married to my bride Karen (28 years last Saturday). It's been a good ride babe! We have two daughters, Amanda (23 married to Dan since Dec. '08) and Mernie 21. All three are follwing the Lord!

I love playing the mandolin. I play a Morgan Monroe F-style mando and a Michale Kelly F-style that I use for praise and worship on Sunday's. I'm also learning to chord and strum a Martin DX-1 acoustic guitar that I hope to use in praise and worship as well.

Trout fishing in our nearby Boulder River is also an interest of mine (a friend and I caught 17 a week ago) as is reading. I have read many of Dr. John MacArthur's books and commentaries and am currently reading and studying two of Dr. John Piper's materials, Desiring God, and What's the Difference, which is teaching on the truths of biblical manhood and womanhood. Both MacArthur's and Piper's writings, sermons, and teachings have impacted my life greatly.

One last hobby is my flower gardening. I love tending a small flower garden in our front yard each summer. I find it extremely fun to watch plants grow and flourish in our very short growing season here in Montana.

Anyway, welcome and come back often.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment